Are we a good fit?
Welcome to our float space! Check out our One Love Float vibe.
This is what makes us different. We are floaters to the core and we want to build a strong authentic float community with awesome humans.
You will love it it here if you are into self discovery, intentional space, connection and belonging.
"At first I was nervous about going for a float someone's house but after entering the separate atmosphere, I was instantly put at ease. The professional atmosphere has been created is so welcoming and calming. It really helps you create a positive intention for your float. The showers are awesome and the tanks themselves are clean, large, and set at the perfect temperature. I am looking forward to my next 2 trips there. It's such an incredible thing, I can't wait to bring my friends and family. If you're thinking about going for a float, Do it, and trust One Love Float to give you the best experience in Calgary. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, for such a beautiful experience." ~ Quinn Sonmor
FLOATING AND MEDITATION
One of the greatest gifts from the tank is it's ability to enhance our meditation practice. The environment within the tank can assist us into the Theta state within 30 minutes of floating which means we can be in this state for over half of our float! This space can increase brain activation while decreasing muscular tension. Theta brainwaves that caused people to “experience a new kind of body consciousness very much related to their total well-being”.
Physiologically, the theta state seemed to bring “physical healing, physical regeneration”. In the emotional domain, the theta state was “manifested in improved relations with other people as well as greater tolerance, understanding and love of oneself and of one’s world.” In the mental domain, theta ability involves “new and valid ideas or syntheses of ideas, not primarily by deduction, but springing by intuition from unconscious sources” – Elmer and Alyce Green, biofeedback researchers at the Menninger Clinic
a home studio setting that honors the float space
- We are a home based float studio that is all about community and mirrors our connection to floating
- Nestled in a quiet neighborhood with the lower level totally dedicated to your float space
- Please feel free to park on the driveway; we love that and so do our neighbors or find free parking directly in front of the house
- An intimate environment where we want to get to know you
- Bonus: There is a Labyrinth nearby for walking meditation
your float guides
- We are floaters to the core; we LOVE floating and sharing our passion for it!
- We love to support connectivity through personal relationships
- Floating is a personal experience. We like to embody the element of water, be fluid, so we can meet you where you stand in that moment.
- Float education and continued self exploration is our jam
- We love showing you where to look but not what to see....
WE PROTECT YOUR FLOAT SPACE
- We are great at holding space. We provide a safe and supportive space so you can truly let go and surrender into your experience.
- We put daily intentional presence into opening, holding and closing the space each day.
designed on purpose with intention
- There are heart rocks in the floors
- Messages in the wall
- Wishing pennies in the floor and fountain
- Signs in the room to help you remember the float basics
- Secret messages randomly placed throughout; you will find what you need
- Little details are big priorities
- We love up our float tanks like beings, they have names and their own personality. We know you will enjoy getting to know them!
WE book by session, not by time
- All first floats are 60mins and after that you can choose up to 90mins in the tank for the same price as we honor the timeless vortex of the tank and want to empower you to choose what you need.
ALL FLOAT SESSIONS ARE FULLY CUSTOMIZED UP TO 2 HOURS TO INCLUDE:
- Your choice of float length - you pick your time between 45min -90mins and you will have the FULL time in the tank.
- Your choice of float tank (Open or Closed float tank)
- Steam showers
- High quality private label shampoos, conditions and body washes. All Sulfate, Paraben and Phthalate Free.
- Optional music and lights
- Post float integration lounge with refreshments and spirit engaging activities
- Have another idea, we would love to try it out.
we encourage a FLOAT RITUAL
- Floating is a practice ~ create your own ritual
- Fostering care and respect for the float environment can be part of the gateway to self and the art of floating. This includes the importance of getting clean before entering the tank- physically, emotionally and spiritually
- There is a great opportunity to open and close your float session with intention...allow yourself to step into your own universe and surrender
- Some like to come a little early, stay as long as you wish after to stretch, do yoga, meditation, pull cards, indulge in your creative space with coloring and journal about your insights
- Some listen to a float playlist on their way to their float, or sit quietly to prepare their mind or listen to a guided meditation before entering the float space
- we have lots of ideas to share, just ask!
POST FLOAT EXPERIENCE
- EXPECT the UNEXPECTED - most focus on the float itself, when really a lot of the magic happens afterwards.
- We recommend at least 15min post float and encourage you to stay as long as you want. As with floating, we let go of time. This reflective moment can be the most important part of your whole float. Create wholeness to your experience.
- The integrative space, is by designed for engagement
CHECK OUT OUR SHOWERS
- These are sensory delicious
- Everyone's favorite!
- Color therapy mood lighting options
- 3 personal setting: rain shower, body jets, hand held
- Option for post float steam
DEEPEN YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO FLOATING
Creating a symbiotic partnership with your float space will take you deeper into your relationship to your experience.
One of our favorite techniques is to consciously "open" and "close" your space. This is a ritual of intentionally opening to your experience and stepping into the sensation of the present moment. It is creating an environment for exploration that differs from everyday routine. This could be with a thought, an intention on the board, using the intentional salt, a shower routine, etc. At the end of your float it is important to "close" your session by energetically bringing all your pieces back to you, integrating your float bring yourself back by deeply breathing and coming into your present moment with mindfulness. This ritual also clears the energy for the next floater sharing the space. We do this every morning: we open the float studio with our own ritual, clearing the space with either smudge or sound between floats and closing the space at night.