First Time Floaters
Everything you need to know for an amazing first float
We are stoked to be part of your first float experience with us!
Here is a great video to check out prior to your first visit, "What is Floating":
We provide an orientation by an experienced floater who will go over the practice, the landscape of the float environment and who is happy to answer any questions you may have. Floating is a personal experience. We like to keep it fluid so we can meet you where you stand in that moment. We protect your float space as masters of holding space so you can truly let go and surrender into your experience.
We are a float studio... not a spa. Floating is a true partnership. Help us love up the space as much as we love creating it for you. Check us out to make sure it feels like a great fit.
HOW TO PREPARE
- PARKING: As we are a home based float studio, we love that there is free parking. Please feel free to park on the driveway. We love that and so do our neighbors. Alternatively, please find free parking along the street out front.
- PLEASE ENTER QUIETLY: As float adventures may be in session. Please arrive a few minutes early for your first session to fill out paperwork and go through a float orientation.
- FLOATING IS INTUITIVE! All you need is you - come as you are. We provide everything you need to float and are committed to fostering our incredible community by providing an inclusive space for all...One Love
- FIRST FLOATS ARE 60MINUTES IN THE TANK: After your first float you can choose up to 90mins for the same price as we honor the timeless vortex of the tank and we want to empower you to choose what you need
- HONOR YOURSELF BY GIVING THE FULL 2HOURS FOR THE EXPERIENCE: We think self care is pretty awesome! This will include your consultation, orientation, pre/post showers and your magical first float
- YOU FLOAT IN YOUR BIRTH DAY SUIT :) We love getting naked around here - physically in the tank and exploring layers of our beings. Don't worry, you float in your own private room with it's own shower
- NO CAFFEINE OR STIMULANTS: This helps you to leave your mind space so you can truly relax. Avoid alcohol, drugs and stimulants such as caffeine and cigarettes the day of your appointment. Please note: if you are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol you will not be permitted to float.
- AVOID SHAVING: It is SO spicy! We recommend to avoid shaving or waxing within 24hours of your float session.
- EAT A SMALL MEAL 1-2 HOURS BEFORE FLOATING: Floating can stimulate digestion so we recommend having something like a whole piece of fruit, smoothie or protein bar
- PLEASE AVOID PERFUMES OR SCENTED PRODUCTS
- POST FLOAT CHILLIN' : Is for exactly that...chilling and integrating. We recommend the minimum of 15mins and you can stay as long as you like. This is a cell phone free zone.
- BE OPEN TO THE UNEXPECTED: This is the BEST way to float! Let it unfold and guide you. We highly encourage not to schedule yourself for much afterwards.
WHAT WE SUPPLY
• Towels, shampoo, condition, body wash, q-tips, make-up wipes
• Basic earplugs; those with swimmer’s ear, please bring your own
• Blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron
THINGS YOU MAY NEED TO BRING
• Any specialize hair products, hair brush/comb
• Deodorant, lotions, make-up, loofah, flip flops
• If you wear contacts, bring a case/solution to take them out
• Suggested comfortable clothing for afterwards
Please inform us if you have recently dyed your hair, have dreadlocks, recently got a tattoo or piercing, are on your moon time, pregnant, have diabetes, low blood pressure, have any illnesses, physical injuries and/or mental health conditions.
All payment types are accepted for the session.
- Cancellation Policy reminder: Your appointment time is reserved just for you. We hold dedicated space for you and have gratitude for the respect of advance notice if you can not make your float session as it could be utilized by another amazing human. Honoring this relationship, we appreciate 48 hours notice for cancellations and will reciprocate this love with no cancellation fees. Cancellations within 24hours are subject to 50% of the session fee and day of cancellations are the full price of the session. Thank you for respectfully meeting us here as we dedicate time and space for your booking.
- Disclaimer: Doula services are also part of One Love Float, which means being on call during certain times and the potential need to reschedule your float. As much notice as possible and a complimentary upgrade will be provided. Thank you for understanding.