Offering meditative relaxation, chronic pain relief, natural pain management & stress relief, rest, magnesium absorption and overall personal growth through floatation.
Floating's benefits really depend on what you're looking to accomplish, but One Love Float is here to help you get there. Some people float to simply unwind and disconnect from a busy world, while others look for tangible improvements to overall health and specific conditions.
How Floating Works
The density of the salt water puts the floater in an environment where about 80% of the gravity we usually feel is no longer affecting the body. We use a large portion of our mental and physical resources counteracting the force of gravity and the relief of this effort leaves our body with a surplus of energy and processing power at its disposal. Without this “gravity tax” our body focuses its energies on resting, recuperating and healing anything that needs attention. The gravity-reduced environment allows our body to decompress, especially throughout the joints and the spinal column. It is the combination of these elements that creates the benefits of floating.
Many veteran floaters have claimed to benefit in the following areas:
- Deep relaxation
- Stress relief
- Pain management
- Chronic pain relief
- Athletic performance enhancement
- Habits and addictions
- Assistance with depression, anxiety and fear
- Holistic wellness
Benefits of Epsom Salt
- Skin and hair health
- Muscle and joint soreness
- Cleansing and detoxing the body
- Absorption of magnesium that is lacking in most diets
- Magnesium is used as an electrolyte to ensure proper muscle, nerve and enzyme function, facilitate calcium absorption, prevent diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis, stroke, heart attacks, inflammation reduction, migraine relief and PMS symptoms
Benefits Of Magnesium On The Body
- Magnesium works within our cells — the powerhouses, factories and regulators of the body’s systems. It is a necessary part of hundreds of biochemical reactions occurring constantly inside our cells, magnesium’s presence or absence affects the brain, the muscles, and the heart and blood vessels. Magnesium functions as a regulator of electrolyte balance, metabolism, and other biochemical reactions. Magnesium is needed to keep muscle and nerve functions normal and to keep the heart beating rhythmically. It also helps to support a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium is important in terms of regulating blood sugar levels, thereby promoting normal blood pressure. Magnesium also supports energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
- Floatation tanks are filled with 750-1000lbs of Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate). The most effective way for the body to absorb Magnesium is through the skin as it is bioavailability remains intake and not compromised by digestive functions. The body has the opportunity to utilizing the 60-90 minutes to uptake necessary Magnesium to assist with the following:
- Better sleep - The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, Magnesium brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place.
- Relaxes the nervous system - Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium. It also allows nerves to send messages in the brain and nervous system
- Bigger, stronger and relaxed muscles - Magnesium allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy store, and is created with help from Magnesium
- Better flexibility - Magnesium loosens tight muscles. Without Magnesium, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium is important for flexibility, because low Magnesium results in a buildup of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness
- Bone integrity and strength - Magnesium helps to fix calcium properly and suppresses the parathyroid hormone that breaks down bone
- Remineralizes teeth - Magnesium deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorous and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
- Alkalizes the body - Magnesium helps return the body’s pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
"I have now gone for 6 floats. Each experience is unique and wonderful. I look forward to returning each month for a little peace, quiet, solitude and time to find myself. One Love Float is inviting, peaceful and a great place to go!" ~ Sarah McKenzie